Welcome to the
Sixth WPC Conference, Cologne
Wood and Natural Fibre Composites
++ New press release: Sixth WPC Conference, Cologne:
Call for Papers and Innovation Award ++
From 16 - 17 December 2015, the largest WPC Conference worldwide will take place for the sixth time in Cologne, Germany. While the conference originally focused on the German market, it is now becoming more and more international, therefore taking place in English this year. The range of topics that previously covered only WPC, will for the first time be expanded to also address natural fibre composites (NFC) and bio-based plastics as matrix for bio-composites. All these markets are overlapping more and more and are growing as a whole.
At the centre of the conference are innovative WPC and NFC solutions in construction (decking for terraces, fencing, facades and interior flooring), furniture, automotive applications as well as consumer goods. In 2012, European WPC production reached 260,000 tonnes, while production of NFC reached 92,000 tonnes. By now, more than 60 companies offer WPC and NFC granulates for injection moulding and extrusion. The conference will provide an up-to-date picture of the granulate market and its current trends.
During the Sixth WPC Conference, international experts will discuss topical developments and growth areas for WPC and NFC. The largest European WPC trade fair is the ideal opportunity to present and become familiar with new products and inventions.
Call for Papers: The following topics are in the focus of the conference. To submit an abstract, please contact Dr. Asta Eder at email@example.com. Deadline for submissions: 31 May 2015
- International markets & politics
- Latest developments in the German-speaking area
- Sustainability & recycling
- Latest technology developments
- WPC and NFC in automobile applications
- WPC and NFC granules for injection moulding and extrusion
The highlight of the conference will be the Wood and Natural Fibre Composite Award 2015. The innovation award highlights products that entered the market in 2015 or are just about to be launched. Producers and inventors of innovative, new applications for WPC and NFC are invited to hand in their applications to the Wood and Natural Fibre Composite Award 2015 (firstname.lastname@example.org). The jury of experts will nominate the six best candidates, which will be presented to the conference audience. The winner will be awarded in the evening during the gala dinner.
- Katharina Brozyna, BASF Color Solutions Germany GmbH
- Michael Carus, nova-Institut GmbH
- Dr. Asta Eder, nova-Institut GmbH
- Jens Fischer, DRW-Verlag Weinbrenner GmbH & Co.KG, Holz-Zentralblatt
- Dr. Andreas Haider, Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH, WPC-Plattform Austria (Österreich)
- Jörg Golombek, Werzalit GmbH + Co. KG
- Dr. Hans Korte, Dr. Hans Korte Innovationsberatung Holz und Fasern
- Dr. Tim Pohl, Reifenhäuser Extrusion Technology GmbH + Co. KG
- Dr. Peter Sauerwein, Verband der Deutschen Holzwerkstoffindustrie e.V. (VHI)
- Dr. Arne Schirp, Fraunhofer-Institut für Holzforschung - Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institut WKI
- Thorsten Weber, Reifenhäuser Extrusion Technology GmbH + Co. KG